New Hire Information
We are excited to have you join us at Guelph General Hospital. Prior to commencing work at GGH, the following steps must be completed. Some of these requirements may take 3 – 4 weeks to complete, so starting the process early will help to avoid delays in your start date.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory criminal reference and vulnerable sector police check (PVSC) and a completed Health Review. Any costs incurred for obtaining these documents are the will be your responsibility.
Forms and other important information
- Map of the Hospital
- Pay Period Calendar for 2022
- Police Record Check Policy
- Health Review Form
- Fillable Federal TD1 Form – Personal Tax Credits Return for 2022
- Fillable Provincial TD1 Form – Personal Tax Credits Return for 2022
- Payday Payout Enrolment Form
- Employment Standards in Ontario
- Mandatory eLearnings & Key HR Policies Checklist
- General Orientation Presentation
1. Send the Completed Checklist and Forms to Human Resources
- Your signed offer letter and completed forms (tax forms, banking information and your checklist) must be sent to Human Resources at HRPOC@gghorg.ca. Please call 519-837-6440 ext. 2721 if you have any questions
2. Criminal Records/Vulnerable Sector Check
All new staff are required to obtain a criminal reference and vulnerable sector police check. We will accept police checks dated within the previous six (6) month period.
- Health care employees are at risk of exposure to communicable diseases due to their direct contact with patients. A complete full immunization history is required for your well-being and safety.
- We recommend that you contact either your family physician, public health or the former employer’s Occupational Health and Safety department for your immunization records as you may already have many of the necessary immunizations. An immunization form will be provided to you if you are the successful candidate.
- There is a requirement of laboratory evidence (blood work) of detectable antibodies for some of these tests
- Please email the Employee Health & Safety department at email@example.com or call 519-837-6440 ext. 2811 to schedule your Health Review Appointment
4. Hospital Orientation
- All new employees are scheduled to participate in an person General Orientation session. Depending on the position to which a person is hired for, they may attend additional orientation sessions for Smart Moves, Pharmacy Training, and or Nursing Skills.