Would you like to join a collaborative, collegial, and interdisciplinary community of physicians focused on providing exemplary patient care? You belong here.
Recognized as one of the top 15 Ontario hospitals for patient flow, facilities, care, and ICU, we are a state-of-the-art facility with a strategic plan grounded in investing in quality healthcare. We believe that, together, we can create a healthier community for everyone. Click here to read more about Guelph General Hospital’s Professional Staff opportunities.
Emergency Physician Opportunities
Guelph General Hospital Emergency Group welcomes interest from potential candidates who are interested in joining a democratic physician group working in a modern, quality-focused ED serving more than 65,000 patients annually.
Our hospital values patient care, and was ranked among the top 15 Ontario hospitals for patient flow for the last five years. We offer excellent remuneration under an Alternate Funding model, a collegial work culture, and generous time off.
Suitable applicants must hold CCFP-EM or FRCP-EM certification (or have considerable EM experience). Recruitment needs change regularly, so feel free to contact us for current opportunities.
Our Emergency Department Group offers:
- Solid group of 32 physicians (CCFP-EM & FRCP)
- Democratic and transparent decisions
- Excellent relations with nursing staff, consultants, and hospital administration
- 9 shifts per day, good shift hours
- Casino night shifts = better sleep!
- Equitable schedule with good time off
- AFA funding model with transparent and democratic group finances
- Central group billing with low overhead
- ED Quality Team leads ED improvements
- Our hospital is focused on flow!
Come for a tour and see what we’re doing!