COVID-19 GGH Update June 5
How to give feedback
- Speak to your manager or director
- Ask your leader to bring forward an idea or concern to the COVID-19 Incident Management Team
- What’s on your mind? (only works if you’re within the hospital)
Click to the section you want to read
Action/must read (0)
What’s New? (0)
Resources and Supplies (0)
Staff Support (0)
Starting with the positive…
Reporting on COVID-19 activity in staff and patients*
|Total number of staff tested to date||296|
|Total number of staff with a negative test result to date||261|
|Current number of staff with a positive test||1|
|Number of staff results pending||5|
|Number of staff who tested positive and are now recovered||29|
|Total number of staff with a positive test result to date||30|
|Number of current in-patients who have tested positive||2|
Resources and Supplies
Final reminder: Change to scrubs access coming Monday
There is a shortage of scrubs across the province including at GGH. As a result, a sign-in/out system was implemented to allow us to better track the usage of our scrub supply. Now, after much consideration, some areas of the hospital that historically had access to scrubs will temporarily no longer have them available. This measure is being applied in an effort to maintain and ramp up our operations. This change takes effect Monday, June 8, and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Sign in/out process remains the same
- Staff from areas no longer receiving scrubs will no longer have their name on the sign-out list
- Staff not normally issued scrubs but requiring a change of clothes due to accidental soiling while on shift can get scrubs from the screening station in the main lobby 0600-2030 and in the ED from 2030-0630. Staff will be required to sign the change list.
Please see the detailed policy for further details.
Scrubs promotion at Mark’s
The latest addition to our COVID-19 Staff Offerings page on our Intranet is a promotion on scrubs for women and men at Mark’s. In addition to many scrubs being on sale, those with Triangle Rewards cards receive 50x in CT money. The promotion ends June 8.