COVID-19 GGH Update May 12
How to give feedback
- Speak to your manager or director
- Ask your leader to bring forward an idea or concern to the COVID-19 Incident Management Team
- What’s on your mind? (only works if you’re within the hospital)
Click to the section you want to read
Action/must read (0)
What’s New? (1)
Resources and Supplies (1)
Staff Support (2)
Policy Changes (0)
Starting with the positive…
Thanks to PizzaVille for donating 100, $25 gift certificates. To distribute them, we used a list of all staff who worked the last pay period, deleted those departments that already received certificates and picked every tenth name. Click here to see the list of winners. Certificates will be delivered to directors/managers for distribution.
Reporting on COVID-19 activity in staff and patients
|Total number of staff tested to date||270|
|Total number of staff with a negative test result to date||229|
|Current number of staff with a positive test||1|
|Number of staff results pending||12|
|Number of staff who tested positive and are now recovered||28|
|Total number of staff with a positive test result to date||29|
|Number of current in-patients who have tested positive||7|
Assessment Centre testing volumes
Since it opened, the Centre has had 3,529 visits. Of those, 2,897 people have been screened and 99 have received positive test results. As seen in the chart below, the Centre’s daily volume has fluctuated widely over time. Click graph to enlarge.
Resources and Supplies
We have had a cart of scrubs that did not get delivered last night. It has led to us having to size up staff in the OR and turn staff away who are requesting scrubs. We are trying to work through this, but need your help!
- ALL STAFF: Please bring in a backup uniform in case we do not have any hospital-issued scrubs to issue you.
- If we are short of scrubs, we will need to prioritize staff who work in the OR
- PPE is what protects you, not scrubs.
- Scrubs are not PPE and do not protect you any more than street clothes. Please follow the PPE precautions for all patients, including COVID positive patients.
- To protect yourself, the following options are available: change out of the clothes/shoes you wore at work and place them in a laundry bag. Change rooms and showers are available on Level One.
The next group of “What’s on Your Mind” questions are now posted
This time around there’s 11 questions and four comments. The topics include; Nurses Week T-shirt design, high levels of patient relocation, “pandemic pay” eligibility, and other topics of interest.
Please remember, “What’s on Your Mind?” is hosted on our Intranet and only viewable within the organization.
A unique salute
Today around noon, a WWII trainer airplane, a Harvard IIB, will fly over the hospital and other Guelph locations as a salute to healthcare workers, first responders and front-line essential personnel. The event is being put on by the Waterloo Warbirds, a volunteer-run organization.