How to give feedback
- Speak to your manager or director
- Ask your leader to bring forward an idea or concern to the COVID-19 Incident Management Team
- What’s on your mind? (only works if you’re within the hospital)
Click to the section you want to read
Starting with the positive…
Today, we are distributing close to 150, $25 gift certificates for the York Road Kitchen, thanks to a group of families from the Exhibition Park area.
Taking care of our patients is a team effort at the hospital. A certificate is being given to every tenth name on a list provided by payroll of all staff who were working in the last two weeks. Certificates will be delivered to directors/managers for distribution. The list of winners are here. Good luck!
Reporting on COVID-19 activity in staff and patients
|Total number of staff tested to date||278|
|Total number of staff with a negative test result to date||245|
|Current number of staff with a positive test||1|
|Number of staff results pending||4|
|Number of staff who tested positive and are now recovered||28|
|Total number of staff with a positive test result to date||29|
|Number of current in-patients who have tested positive||9|
Local Hospitals Planning For Measured Restart of Procedures and Surgeries
Hospitals in Waterloo Wellington are collaborating to plan for gradual resumption of scheduled surgeries and procedures that were paused in March because of COVID-19. The ability of hospitals to do so depends on meeting certain conditions as outlined in the Province’s framework for resuming scheduled care.
This framework outlines conditions that are key to regional planning for resuming scheduled surgeries and procedures. The timeline is to be determined by these factors, which include:
- Current capacity within hospitals to care for patients, including those with COVID-19.
- Having adequate supplies of personal protective equipment.
- Having adequate supplies of drugs for surgeries.
- The ability to take activity down quickly should there be a re-emergence of multiple cases of COVID-19 positive patients.
- Evaluation and use of different approaches to care, and the potential for having patients and their care team travel for care.
A multi-disciplinary committee of experts created this framework based on the best available evidence to guide all hospitals – and the health care system at-large – in this next phase of care in Ontario. The framework is critical to regional planning and allows for the implementation of carefully thought-out resumption of scheduled cases. A great deal of work is underway in each of Waterloo Wellington’s hospitals to ensure patient and staff safety and the priority sequencing of services.
To read the complete release, click here.
Resources and Supplies
Goodlife offering free online classes
All healthcare workers are able to get free access to Goodlife online classes while their gyms are closed. Go to https://www.goodlifefitness.com/ to sign up.
As a reminder, there’s a page on our Intranet that lists all the current special offers to staff.