The Health Review process through Employee Health is one of the key components in promoting and maintaining the health of our staff.
Staff includes hospital employees, physicians, medical students, midwives, volunteers, students, contract workers, non-medical observers, temporary agencies and independent contractors not on payroll.
All staff are required to comply with Guelph General Hospital’s (GGH) Immunization Policy, which is based on OHA Communicable Disease Surveillance Protocol.
If you have any questions regarding the Health Review Immunization Form, please contact Employee Health Services 519-837-6440 x. 2387 or send an email to email@example.com.
After a successful interview, applicants will receive the form to take to their healthcare provider to complete.
The required documentation is listed below.
- A documented 2-Step tuberculin skin test
- A documented 1-Step tuberculin skin test done within the last 12 months
- Individuals who have had a positive TB skin test, are required to submit documentation of results and a chest x-ray or IGRAs (bloodwork) done within the last 12 months
Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR):
- 2 MMR immunizations OR
- Laboratory evidence of detectable antibody for Measles, Mumps and Rubella
- If laboratory result is negative – An MMR booster may be required
Hepatitis B Vaccination:
- Documentation of Hepatitis B vaccine doses(Engerix B or Twinrix) AND
- Laboratory evidence of detectable antibody
Note: The Hepatitis B vaccination is a 3 dose series of immunizations. There is a cost to receive the vaccinations. Your health benefits may help with the cost.
- Documentation of 2 Varicella vaccines ORLaboratory evidence of detectable antibody
Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
- Tetanus/Diphtheria is recommended every 10 years and is available in combination with Acellular Pertussis as Tdap/Adacel
- Documentation of annual Influenza immunization
Volunteer Resources is not able to provide reimbursement for any of the charges that you may incur in order to complete the necessary documentation and immunization requirements.