The closing date is applicable to internal GGH applicants only. Internal applications beyond the closing date, will be considered as a late applicant. The posting will remain available until the position is filled.
- Posting #:
- MRI Tech, Diagnostic Imaging (Located in Ontario)
- DI - MRI
- Regular Part Time (RPT)
- Current Shifts:
- All shifts
- Current Rate of Pay:
- Min $32.99 - Max $45.56
- Posting Date:
- October 6, 2022 @ 12:00PM
- Closing Date:
- November 7, 2022 @ 12:00PM
Guelph General Hospital is looking for a Magnetic Resonance Technologist for our location in Guelph.
The Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist is a specially trained healthcare professional that works under general supervision and performs multidisciplinary skills for the purpose of diagnostic imaging of disease. The MRI Technologist operate magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners, which use magnetic fields and radio frequencies to create 3D images of a patient’s body tissues. These images help with the detection, evaluation, and eventual treatment of disease. The MRI Technologist ensures the care provided is safe, appropriate, tailored, timely, and maximizes the potential of the available equipment and resources.
At Guelph General Hospital, we are committed to our Mission of Together, a healthier community for everyone.
Living our values is important here and if you want to join a team that is compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative and inspired, you can see more details about the position currently available below.
In this role, you will:
• Have ongoing opportunities to learn and grow with a generous professional development program via our education assistance fund and in-house development programs
• Have access to an amazing total rewards package which includes competitive pay, health and dental benefits, Short and long term disability and the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan where we match your contributions by 126%
• Be a part of an organization committed to the well-being of our workforce
• Support the Guelph Wellington Ontario Health Team’s commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression through our actions
• Be a part of a team of high performing health care professionals
What are the benefit to working and living in the Guelph community?
• It’s one of Ontario’s most robust and growing economies
• You will have access to excellent schools which include a university and college
• There are multiple centres of faith reflected in the community
• You will have access to fantastic parks, trails and many cultural events
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
• Current registration with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists in Ontario (CMRITO) in MRI
• Magnetic Resonance Imaging Diploma
• Minimum 2 years’ technical experience in Magnetic Resonance Imaging
• Demonstrated working knowledge of the Standards of Practice of the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists in Ontario (CMRITO), MRI section, and the Health Professionals Act
• Proven knowledge of MRI safety to act as a resource to technologists, other hospital staff, physicians and volunteers
• Demonstrated commitment to best practice, standards of practice, and life-long learning
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, conflict management and organizational skills
• Must act as a positive advocate for the professional body of MRI and the Diagnostic Imaging Department
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
• Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service when interacting with patients, families, colleagues and physicians
• Intermediate computer skills with experience using Microsoft Suite
Come and join our team if you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you will be support and empowered.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and our community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Guelph General Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada prior to their start date.
All positions at GGH contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
GGH is committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities.
In pursuit of GGH’s vision of exceptional care, innovative partnerships and healthier communities, all employees are responsible for practicing the values of teamwork, respect, accountability, compassion to provide the highest quality care and experience for patients and their families.