The closing date is applicable to internal GGH applicants only. Internal applications beyond the closing date, will be considered as a late applicant. The posting will remain available until the position is filled.
- Posting #:
- RN, 6W Surgery, RPT (2 positions)
- Registered Nurse
- 6W Surgery
- Regular Part Time (RPT)
- Current Shifts:
- All shifts
- Current Rate of Pay:
- Min $34.24 - Max $49.02
- Posting Date:
- October 18, 2022 @ 12:00PM
- Closing Date:
- October 25, 2022 @ 12:00PM
The primary role of the RN is to provide high quality, safe, effective and evidence-based care in partnership with patients and families, in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario standards and GGH’s mission, vision, values and policies. The RN optimizes the patient’s experience and care outcomes by:
- Being accountable for one’s decisions and professional practice;
- Establishing a therapeutic relationship with the patient and family;
- Collaborating with other members of the patient’s care team;
- Coordinating, communicating and documenting patient care activities.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Certificate of registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BLS certification
- Recent Surgical experience
- Current IV Certification
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice, nursing standards and life-long learning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated excellent assessment skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service when interacting with patients, families, colleagues and physicians
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and our community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Guelph General Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada prior to their start date.
All positions at GGH contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
GGH is committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities.
In pursuit of GGH’s vision of exceptional care, innovative partnerships and healthier communities, all employees are responsible for practicing the values of teamwork, respect, accountability, compassion to provide the highest quality care and experience for patients and their families.