Guelph General Hospital Emergency Group welcomes interest from potential recruits who are interested in joining a democratic physician group working in a modern, quality-focused ED serving more than 65,000 patients annually.
Our hospital values patient care, and was ranked among the top 15 Ontario hospitals for patient flow for the last five years. We offer excellent remuneration under an Alternate Funding model, a collegial work culture and generous time off. FRCP-EM, CCFP-EM or equivalent ED experience required.
Guelph is a beautiful and vibrant university city of over 125,000 located within close proximity of Toronto, London and Hamilton. Associated with one of the fastest growing economic regions in Canada, Guelph offers a wide variety of educational, cultural, recreational and sporting activities.
For information contact:
Dr. Alex Ferguson, Chief of Emergency Medicine
Guelph General Hospital
Suitable applicants must be hold CCFP-EM or FRCP-EM certification (or have considerable EM experience), and will be asked to provide a current CV, cover letter, and three references. Recruitment needs change regularly, so feel free to contact us for current opportunities.
What our group offers:
- Solid group of 32 physicians (CCFP-EM & FRCP)
- Democratic and transparent decisions
- Excellent relations with nursing staff, consultants and hospital administration
- 9 shifts per day, good shift hours
- Casino night shifts = better sleep!
- Equitable schedule with good time off
- AFA funding model with transparent and democratic group finances
- Central Group billing with low overhead
- ED Quality Team leads ED improvements
- Our hospital is focused on flow! GGH was ranked among the top 15 Ontario hospitals for patient flow for the last five years.
Come for a tour and see what we’re doing!