Our GGH Surgical Suite provides comprehensive inpatient surgery and day surgery procedures.
- ear, nose and throat
- dental and oral reconstruction
- general surgery
- vascular surgery
- gastric bypass
- ophthalmology paediatric (not ophthalmology)
- elective Cardioversion
Two weeks prior to your appointment or surgical procedure
For your health and the safety of staff, we want to ensure you minimize your chance of getting COVID-19 in the time leading up to your surgery/procedure. If you must leave your house please wear a mask, wash your hands often and practice physical distancing from others. For tips please visit the Public Health Unit website - www.wdgpublichealth.ca.
Monitor Your Symptoms - ask yourself, daily, how do I feel?
Symptoms of COVID-19 are: fever, decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell, new or worsening cough, vomiting, shortness of breath, diarrhea, sore throat, runny nose or nasal congestion, difficulty swallowing, fatigue, muscle aches, pink eye (conjunctivitis).
Immediately notify your surgeon if you, or anyone in your house, feel any of the above symptoms or are diagnosed with COVID-19. Please know that your surgery could be cancelled any time prior to your scheduled appointment if you are ill or experiencing symptoms.
72 hours prior to your preoperative appointment or surgical procedure
You will be phoned 1-3 days in advance of your preoperative appointment and/or surgical procedure. We will be asking you about symptoms you may have related to Covid-19, your travel history and if you have had contact with anyone known to have Covid-19.
A COVID swab may be requited. Your doctor will let you know if you need one in advance of your surgery or procedure.
Day of Procedure:
- You can have one person accompany you.
- Inside our main entrance all entering must clean their hands and put on a hospital-provided mask
- Bring minimal belongings and leave valuables at home
- All patients must have a ride home and someone to stay with them. Please have available the name and phone number of the caregiver picking you up after your surgery/procedure - this person must be readily available to pick you up after being called (within a half-hour)
- Please note you will be asked COVID-19 screening questions the day you arrive for your appointment
Our visitor policy continues to change along with the pandemic. For the most current information, please refer to Visitor Information.